Wednesday, February 27, 2008

knitting corner

OK, so I could be knitting right now (a much belated birthday gift for Rudy), but instead, I started a blog about knitting.

Of course Marissa inspired me, in part, to start this blog, but really I want to use this to start to keep track of my projects and maybe... actually... for real... finish a project! Like the scarf or hat I started for Brent over a year ago (that he likes to remind me of resentfully from time to time), or fingerless gloves for my mom (I think she's forgotten I ever started them), or Asher's baby blanket (hey, he's too young to know anyway)!!

But seriously folks... I have a knitting corner. It's in the corner where the arms of the couch and arm chair come together; piles and piles of plastic bags from various yarn & craft stores, filled with WIPs and stash yarn. Or yarn bought for projects never even started or abandoned. (Like 20 or so balls of Sugar 'n Cream.) Brent is not a fan of the knitting supplies, but he deals with the fact that the knitting corner is out of sight. I mean, unless you are sitting in the chair or end of the couch and happen to look over and down. But I digress...

I'm not working, I only have one class, and now that Asher has his exersaucer, I have my hands free to knit. AND CROCHET, let's not forget the beauty of the one-needle craft! I tend to forget how nice it is to crochet when I haven't done it for a while. So anyway, that's what I want to do this year. Knit, crochet, and blog about it. Show off all those future FOs!!

Note to the laymen:
WIP = work in progress
FO = finished object

1 comment:

Mariss said...

Good for you! I love crochet as well, I really want to get better so I can crochet a ripple afghan with all of my scrap yarn.

I will never knit a blanket again, oy vey!!! LOL.

I'm glad I inspired you, thanks, lady :)