Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ava hat

I just have to show this off, because it's a project I actually completed (baby things are easier to get done since they are so little!) and Vivi looks so cute in it! This stocking cap pattern was from my Stitch 'N Bitch 2007 page-a-day calendar, and since my friend Gina's daughter is named Vivienne Ava, I thought it was appropriate. I used Rowan Classic Cashsoft Baby DK in pixie and borage.

Here is the completed hat, blocked, but pre-tassel:


Here is cutie pie Vivi (5 months old) modelling:

(good view of the leaf lace pattern, my fave part!!)



She looks a little surprised here:

3 comments:

Susan said...

Is that knitting terminology similar to how female dogs are called *itches? I am confused why your book is called that?

Nic said...

"stitch 'n bitch" is a term that refers to a group of women (or men!) gathered to knit together ("stitch") and chat ("bitch" - as a verb). I'm not sure if Debbie Stoller, the author of the book, coined the term or just named her book from the phrase.

Mariss said...

I think Debbie brought it back from the 50s. She's a feminist who co-founded (I believe) BUST magazine, and used to get a lot of flac for knitting. Ironic, right? I got to meet her at a book signing once, very charismatic and cool :)

The little girl is adorable, and the hat is great!